Skip to the content
- Families in poverty struggle with meeting many basic needs.
- The Family Resource Center of United Methodist Children’s Services, 3940 W Lisbon Street in Milwaukee focuses on helping families with an emergency food bank, clothing bank, hygiene products, access to food share and other resources.
- We provide donations of food and hygiene items for the Family Resource Center. Donations are brought to Brown Deer UMC for delivery to the Family Resource Center.
Tutoring and Donations
- Thoreau School is located less than 2 miles south of Brown Deer UMC in the City of Milwaukee, and educates many children from families struggling to meet basic needs.
- In an initiative organized by our United Methodist Women, we provide school supplies, and during the winter, hats, mittens, scarfs, and coats for children in need.
- During Thoreau’s summer camp, we provide a day of service by reading to the children and providing snacks.
- For more information, or to volunteer, please contact the church office @ 414-354-4477
Older Adult Services
- Granville Interfaith is a neighborhood outreach service that provide valuable one-on-one services to thousands of older adults (age 60+) living in Milwaukee County. Volunteers help with: transportation to medical appointments and grocery shopping; friendly in-home visits; minor home repairs, outdoor chores and more.
- Brown Deer UMC is a sponsoring congregation of Granville Interfaith. For information on how to volunteer, please contact Granville Interfaith at 414-353-0731.
Loose Coin Offering
- Every month, the loose coins collected at the Sunday morning worship services are donated to a different charitable agency or mission project of the church.
- Bring your loose coins to church!