- We believe God is the creator of the universe, compassionate, forgiving, loving, an ever-present God who invites us into a relationship with God and one another.
- We believe Jesus’ death and resurrection forgives our sins and offers us new life in this world and eternal life in the next.
- We believe the Holy Spirit reveals the truth of Jesus’ teaching in ways that speak to our lives and the world today.
- We believe the church is a place where we are invited to experience God’s presence, Christ’s forgiveness and the Holy Spirit’s guidance so we take next steps in faith.
- We believe as followers of Jesus we are called to live our faith in our everyday lives so compellingly others will want to follow Jesus.
- We believe Brown Deer United Methodist Church is called to invite people to know and follow Jesus Christ as members of the church and as citizens of our community and the world.
- We believe we are called to serve God by serving others.
John Wesley was the formative leader of the Methodist movement. Wesley provided us with these guidelines:
Do all the Good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.
We also believe in following Three Simple Rules
- Do No Harm
- Do Good
- Stay in Love with God
These Three Simple Rules for Christian Living connect the rich history of our faith with current situations and questions we face in everyday life. We invite you to follow them with us. As you take this journey, you will discover that these three rules can lead you to a more faithful way of living as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
For more information on the United Methodist Church, please visit www.umc.org.